
Well...it is missing a few hoops, not to mention end walls, or even plastic, tables, heaters... But, it does have plenty of venilation and fresh air and you don't have to worry about opening the door to get in! Okay, we do have some work to do.
These pictures were taken last week when Jonathan and Ben were working on it. I walked out to take some pictures and saw Randy enjoying looking over his domain and royal subjects.

My brother, Tim, has had a couple greenhouses for several years and grew plants for a nursery down the road. We would start the greenhouse up usually by the first of April and would finish by the end of May. It was alot of work doing all the transplanting and watering, always thinking of the greenhouse when the sun came out and I had to go open the side vents to keep it from getting too warm inside. When Tim took his greenhouses after he got married I didn't think I would miss it. After I had thought about it for awhile though, I did. I would miss playing in the dirt, spending days out in the sunshine transplanting those tiny seedlings and the weeks of watching them grow. So when we found a greenhouse this fall, I was glad. : )
So, now we are getting it up and ready for the end of the month. Jonathan has been doing alot of work with it. Below he is putting up the purloins that hold the hoops together. Some of the hoops were leaning quite a bit.

Jonathan: "Oh, no. Not the camera!' : )

Ben getting ready on the ladder.

Yesterday, a tractor trailer backed up the driveway and dropped off the plastic and other supplies.

As soon as the calendar turned to March, the geese started to return. Somewhere between 6pm and 7pm, we'll be sitting down to dinner and all of a sudden we can hear the geese. We gather at the windows or door and watch them. It seems that all at once, the geese decide to go back to the swamp together. Everywhere you look there are thousands of geese flying north to the swamp. It is fun to go up on the hill out back as you can look all across the horizon and see geese. We never grow tired of it.
4 comments:
Looks like spring! Ever since we helped Tim put up his greenhouse, I've been interested in having one. I love the wam air, the smell of the soil, little green plants....maybe someday! Enjoy digging!
Are those short sleeves I see?!!
Sweet green house though! You all must be planning a HUGE garden. : )
Thank you, Reynolds. I love to flip through our pictures of your family helping us with the greenhouse. It is so funny to see all of us kids so much littler playing in the mud.:)
Yes, Carol, we were wearing short sleeves. :) It was quite a warm day - in the 50's! I know you just got back from Florida, but it really was a warm day for us.:)
Ahh. It was about 50 here yesterday and if we were working outdoors we probably would have gotten away with short sleeves. :) I guess it was all the SNOW in your pictures which made it look cooold. :D (Speaking of snow...we just got some. :( )
RYC: Yes! I did wash up, my hands at least. I did a lot more photographing then butchering. I think the smell was in my clothes. I did get in there are cut a little but, Vincent and Bonnie were WAY more dirty than me in the end!
That's cool you all can do your own butching, if you weren't selling the meat. How long does it take a your family crew from start to finish?
Post a Comment