Friday, March 7, 2008

America's Eagles

It feels good to get back to blogging again. We have had a nasty flu go through our house so this post is rather late.

We got quite a snow storm last weekend with a foot of snow. Now it is in the 50's out and we are enjoying being able to go out in short sleeves. Ahh, wonderful spring air! This morning I saw a bluebird and two robins sweetly singing that it is now spring. There are thousands of geese that are honking that it's spring, too. : )

Almost two weeks ago we had a warm day and Daddy took Jonathan and I along with some of the Brocketts over to see the eagles nest. We set up the scope and focused in at the nest. There was one eagle sitting on a branch just above the nest and after looking for a bit we saw the second eagle sitting on the nest. I took a couple pictures of them by putting my little digital camera up to the scope. They didn't turn out too clear, but at least you can recognize the eagle a little. : )

Trying to get the camera in just the right place... : )

eagles

The lighting was not good so I had to lighten it on the picture program, but it didn't come out good. : ( Can you find the second eagle in this picture?

This is looking at where the nest is from the lookout point next to the road. The small white arrow is pointing to the nest.

eagles

This picture is one that my dad took a couple years ago of the young eagles in the nest. The tree it sits in is in the middle of a swamp so Dad, Mom, Jonathan, Ben, and I took the canoes and paddled out to the tree. That was alot of fun!

eagles

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see the eagles again! That is neat that you got to take the canoes out. Can't get any better than God's beautiful creation.

Ryan Pedinsky said...

What a treat!
That's really neat that you have a nest on your property.
Thank you for sharing the pictures!

The Dart Family said...

I am glad you like the pictures!
Actually, the nest isn't on our property. It is on a wildlife refuge right next to us and the nest is halfway around our 9 mi. country block. I thank God that he let us live so close to see His wonderful creation. ~Abby