Monday, February 25, 2008

Here's my answer : )

Our neighbors have a driveway that goes behind their house, up a hill and around some barns. There was a warm day that melted alot of snow and froze real hard that night.
The next afternoon, I looked out the window and said to Ben, "It looks like the Brocketts are skating on the pond."
Ben said, "No, they're not. They're skating on the driveway!"
We grabbed our skates and headed over. There was a big area that was just covered with ice. We had to be careful of some gravel that was exposed here and there.
I watched Hillary, Adama, and Thabeh go up the hill and skate down - it looked like so much fun, but I wasn't sure if I could turn or stop in time when I got down to the bottom! Well, I finally tried it. I came speeding down the hill and made a wide turn and finally stopped. No falling! :) It was alot of fun
So...that's how I went downhill skating! ; )

3 comments:

Ryan Pedinsky said...

:D sounds like fun!
(any pictures?)

The Dart Family said...

I'm sorry, there are no pictures. I was worried about dropping the camera on the way down.:)

The Reynolds said...

That sounds fun!! Our driveway was pure ice the other day and Kayla and I thought about getting our skates out...:)