Thursday, January 3, 2008

Another Year Is Dawning

Another year is dawning!
Dear Father, let it be,
In working or in waiting,
Another year with Thee;
Another year of leaning
Upon Thy loving breast,
Another year of trusting,
Of quiet, happy rest.

Another year of mercies,
Of faithfulness and grace;
Another year of gladness
In the shining of Thy face;
Another year of progress,
Another year of praise,
Another year of proving
Thy presence all the days.

Another year of service,
Of witness for Thy love;
Another year of training
For holier work above.
Another year is dawning!
Dear Father let it be
On earth, or else in heaven,
Another year for Thee. Amen
by Frances R. Havergal

God bless you in this new year and may you bless God in this new year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Prayer
Lord, may I ever be,
Yours so faithfully;
May I shine your light,
All through the night;
And lead those astray,
To a brighter way;
That they may see,
Your love so free.

How is that?
Now I am sure you like my name.

Your Brother,
Jonathan

The Dart Family said...

Oh Brother, thanks for the comment, I appreciate it.:) I couldn't figure out who wrote it at first. I really like the prayer.
Your loving sister,
Abby :)

robert said...

Thanks for posting Frances Havergal's fine hymn. She wrote another on the same theme, called "Standing at the Portal." Both are great for personal meditation and for church services at this time of year.

And if you enjoy learning about our hymns and their authors, I invite you to check out my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns.