Monday, January 28, 2008

Winter Fun!

Today I have a whole bunch of pictures for you.

This past weekend was finally nice and cold. Our neighbors invited us over to go ice skating on their pond. I took a few ice skating lessons several years ago and hadn't done it since. It was so much fun!


These pictures are from two different days. The first day it was so windy, if you stood with your back to it, it would push you right across the pond. Not the best when your trying to learn, but it was fun. : )



Hillary and I.


Amadu took a fall while trying to chase his sisters around.


My brother, Ben.


Who is this?


Adama really enjoyed doing trains.


Emily, Hillary, and Ben.

Emily and Hillary had taken ice skating lessons so they could do a few spins and different things that if I attempted them I would most likely be sprawled on the ice. :)


Thabeh wasn't quite sure of being on the ice at first, but she was zipping around in no time.

One of the interesting things was occansionally when we were just sliding along, there would be a low sounding POP! The ice had cracked some. It was a little nerve wracking when it did it, but we didn't fall through at all.

Look out, here comes Amadu!

Last Friday night (25), Jonathan and I slept outside again. Becky wanted me to take some pictures just to prove we were out there. : )


We thought it was going to be quite windy so we put the tents right behind the house and there was hardly any breeze at all.


It was around 16 degrees, but it felt warmer without the wind.


Becky was waiting for me to give her the camera.

She gave us a concert before we went to bed by sticking my cd player in the window and played an Irish cd. : )


All set to burrow into our sleeping bags.

So, that was our weekend and now the snow is almost gone. : (

Until next time...God bless.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you'll had a lot of fun! We went ice skating twice in CO with Caleb. I wasn't too impressive. ( : I can't wait to meet Penny and show her around the farm! ( :

Angela

The Dart Family said...

Thanks for the comment, Angela!! I am glad you are looking forward to meeting Penny. When you do take lots of pictures to send home with her!:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Darts! Skating looks like fun! We did the same thing this week too....AND our pics are on our blog!!! (But we're still a little jealous!)

Anonymous said...

WOW! That looks like so much fun!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Dart Family said...

Thanks for commenting everyone! We now have ice, snow, rain, and even some thunder and lightning. Two days of ice skating aren't enough. :(

Anonymous said...

Brrr... that looks cold! That's a lot of snow. I live just outside Seattle and the only snow we've had this winter was a small dusting a couple of times.

It looks like you all had a great time. :-)

~Kelsey

http://setapart.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Once two of my brothers and I slept outside when in was -9F. So... we got ya beat. JK ;-)
Vincent