Our Christmas was very good. Tim, Jess, Peter, and Amy all came over on Christmas Eve and we played Trionimo's for a good part of the afternoon. The first game I won and the second game I had to keep drawing more tiles to find one to play. Every tile I drew was -5 points and by the time I finally got the right tile I was at least -165 points. Needless to say the person who won should have been very grateful to me for all the points I gave him!
That evening we had our neighbors over and held a delightful Christmas Eve service in the barn. It was the first time we did it in our barn. The wind whistled through the cracks as we sat on hay bales shivering. Down below us, we could hear the cattle softly mooing once in awhile as we sang Christmas carols and the smell of sweet hay smelled good, although I don't think Joseph and Mary heard a siren and I'm not sure if they heard a peafowl scream like I did, but who knows. :) Daddy had a list of Scriptures for the men to read; Creation and the fall, God's special people and His message to them (the Israelites), Christ's birth, Christ at the cross, us as Gentiles being adopted and grafted into the family of God, and the eternal Kingdom. We also had communion. It was very special. We hurried into the house afterwards and served up cups and cups of hot chocolate with cookies. Yummy.
In our family, we each made a homemade Christmas gift for a family member whose name we had drawn. It was really neat to see what different ones had made. A cheese press, a camp chair, a shirt, a doily and dresser scarf, some wooden tops for turkey crates, and Jonathan made something really neat. He made a wooden bowl out of a chunk of firewood for Becky! After he put mineral oil on it, it brought out the grain so it looks even better. I told him that I would like one next! :)
When we draw names for Christmas the name we drew is a secret. It is so much fun trying to keep the gifts and the person as a surprise. It is fun to try to guess who somebody else has and what their doing. Well, don't ever try to be too nosy with Ben because I walked upstairs and saw something on his door...

It was a poster board sign stuck to the door with a dart. ( No puns about Darts, please;)

"Please Stay out. Survivers will be prosecuted and not receive their presents. Thank you."
So, don't mess around with Ben at Christmas time or you won't get any presents. :)
Have a happy New Year! May the Lord become closer and dearer to you this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment