Five weeks after I broke my leg, Jonathan was playing kickball at our campout and he made an awesome dive to catch the 3rd out. He sailed through the air just barely catching the ball and almost dropped it. Clutching it closely, he hit the ground rolling over and over. Getting up, he held his arm close and said, “I broke my collarbone.”
He broke it in two places and the chunk in the middle rotated so it was straight up and down, almost poking through the skin. They did surgery on it and put in a plate and six screws. Having the bone secured made him much more comfortable and he has been improving well. He should be back to full movement and weight lifting in a couple months. The screws and plate can come out in about a year. It will be much more comfortable then as he can feel the plate now!
I went to visit him in the hospital and thankfully the extra bed was empty so I was able to put my leg up.
At home, we would look at each other sitting around in our lounge chairs in the living room and just laugh at how absurd we looked! =)
We had to take some pictures so we could remember this unusual summer together. =)
Thank you to the Mayne family who gave us bubbles to replace our hard playing sports. We were told to sit and blow them and NO chasing the bubbles!!
“No Chances Taken, No Bones Broken!”
Oh, but the soap in our eyes hurts !!!
5 comments:
That's great! (Well, you know what I mean...)
Pam Tiede
Enjoy the bubbles...but get well soon!:)
Son of God and Country
Haha! What a cute post! Love the pictures and I hope your new "sport" helped fill your time as you healed. :)
Love the pictures. What a story and what a summer.
Howdy Neighbors!
Looks like the two of you are having too much fun with too much "extra" time on your hands. =) You are hilariou! Hey, looking at the cup 1/2 full, you are both finding joy in this new journey of life!
I am soooo glad that the seriously injured ones are doing TONS better!
Now I can say " I love you both!!!"
Hey, time to get back to work! =)
Your favorite Neighbor ;)
Hillary - The Butterfly
Post a Comment