In the beginning of June, we had a wonderful camping trip at Golden Hill with the Brocketts.
We did lots of canoeing, biking, ultimate Frisbee, and volleyball. I got lots of pictures of canoeing (much to the dismay of the rest), but I was too busy playing the rest of the time. I love canoeing!
Now this picture has a fun story!!
We all paddled up to each other to sit, talk and relax on the smooth lake.
Thabeh and I, in the middle boat, held the canoes together and made the outside canoes paddle along. It slow and awkward. Jonathan had his leg inside our canoe so he could paddle. After resting a bit more, Jonathan said, “Alright, Adama, start paddling.”
As Adama dipped her paddle in deeply…
Jonathan made a smooth transition and was sitting right in front of me in my canoe!! Adama, meanwhile was paddling her best, but was going in a wide circle. She heard us all laughing so she looked around…her eyes popped and mouth dropped when she saw she was the only one in the canoe!!!
We had so much fun with the Reynolds coming almost everyday.
“Being Good”
“Being kids”
Mom and Dad celebrated their 40th anniversary there on June 5th. We scribbled the sign and puffed balloons as fast as we could that morning as Mom and Dad walked up to the restrooms. Never have I made a sign so fast or scribbled so badly! =) Thanks so much to the Brocketts for helping us and for bringing the Ho-Ho’s to top off the celebration!
A swan was floating along the shoreline eating so I scrambled along the rocks getting pictures. He has a mate sitting on a nest down in the marina.
A few of the many lighthouse pictures that I took…
5 comments:
I sure enjoyed sharing some of that fun time! Thanks!
Looks like you all had fun!!! =)
LOVE all the pictures!!!! Thanks for inviting us over!!!! The canoeing pics. make me want to go canoeing again! ahhhhh
Hey Dart Family....This is a blast from your past...It's Cathy Stokes, better known as Jyoti's "Aunt Cathy from Florida. I found your blog again and have LOVED looking at all the wonderful pictures! I have some great memories of my visits up there with all the special families. We just shared a fantastic,"quick" week with the Nepals. I am blogging again at: http://cathyann46.blogspot.com/ Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful pictures and the most beautiful sunsets I've seen. It's looks like y'all had too much fun. Wish we could've joined in it. If we only lived closer than 1200 miles apart!!
Happy Anniversary mom and dad. You're only 13 years ahead of us :)
Love and miss y'all,
Momma P
Post a Comment