Friday, August 15, 2008

A New York Tater Tot

Weighing in at 1 lb and 11 oz.

Potato

Stretches to 6 3/4 inches long and over 4 inches wide.

Potato

Circumference around the middle is 11 1/2 inches.

Potato
Chatting with a cool spud!

Can you beat that Texas?

QUIZ: Who knows where the word "spud" came from?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

See this link for where the word "spud" came from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spud

I enjoy your blog!
Tennessee Granddaddy

Anonymous said...

Hehe! That's quite some tater. Nope, don't know where the name spud came from.

Waiting for the "revelation",

Angela

The Reynolds said...

Big potatoe! You are harvesting now I'm assuming?(or did)

The Dart Family said...

Well, I've heard that "spud" stands for - the Society for the Prevention of an Unwholesome Diet, because many people thought that potatoes were poisonous for humans.
Wikipedia says that meaning is false, but they don't know what origin it's from.
Anyways, we are just begining to harvest our many potatoes and I will update you if we find a bigger one. =)
Abby