Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Reception

Well, here we are again. :) Last Saturday, (July 28th) we had the double reception for Peter and Amy and Tim and Jessica. Two weeks before, Tim came down with the shingles. We thought he would be able to come to the reception but the shingles got worse so he and Jess did not come. :(

All during the week, we kept checking the weather and it predicted up to 70% chance of rain. We had to think of what we would do with our guests if it did rain. So, we cleaned out our 100 ft. long greenhouse in the warm sunshine - emptied it of all the tables, weeded... It looked so nice when we were done. Saturday morning, it sprinkled for a minute and then the sun came out and it was sunny all day long. :)

We had about 110 people for the party. It was so neat to see people that we haven't seen for such a long time. Becky made a beautiful cake with lovely decorations and we had pictures albums out of Tim and Jess' wedding and of Peter and Amy's. We also played the DVDs of the weddings playing.

It was alot of fun. But we didn't get to play much volleyball. :) (I love volleyball!)

Tomorrow, we and our neighbors are going to butcher about 115 chickens. It will take us all day long. The most chickens we have butchered is 106 in one day. It is so much fun getting together with other families to butcher.

One note: It is supposed to be in the 90's tomorrow. Praise the Lord we have an air conditioner. :) A couple good batches of homemade ice cream with homemade fudge sauce are in order. : )

So, until next time, keep cool and God bless.

5 comments:

Ryan Pedinsky said...

I'm sorry to hear that Tim and Jessica were not able to come to the reception. :(

I'm glad that it didn't rain very much on Saturday. 110 people is a lot! It must have been nice to have the reception outside!

90 degrees is quite warm. Are you doing the chickens outside?

Alexander Blair said...

How could you SLAUGHTER all those innocent chickens? *shocked and horrified* jk :D

That's neat about the reception (though its sad about Tim and Jessica).

Still looking forward to seeing pics! :D

The Dart Family said...

Thank you for the comments!
Yes, we did the chickens outside. The men butchered them outside and the ladies cleaned them over again and packaged them inside. I had my secretary table set up right in front of the air conditioner, but I didn't get to sit there to often. :)

Alexander, I could explain how we slaughter the chickens, but I won't now. :) Also, thank you for your very, very, very, very, very, very impatient waiting.

P.S. What does "jk" mean?

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Abby! I was glad to see a new post. Our visit over the phone was a lot of fun the other day.... we'll have to do that again sometime! I'm glad the chicken butchering went well. For some reason I've never gotten into the chicken butchering thing. Instead, I'm guilty of making my chickens into pets... =) God bless!

Ryan Pedinsky said...

jk means just kidding