Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Winter Projects

Hello, everyone! I'm back from enjoying the early taste of spring with nice temps in the 40's with birds singing and mud...outside, inside, and everywhere else (because of a big "white" dog that grins wildly while he is totally covered in mud!)

Jonathan, Ben and I went on our first bike ride together the other day. When we planned to start, the sun was shining and it was in the mid 40's. When we got going, however, the sun had been covered by the clouds and there was a little wind. We went around our 8-mile block and when we got back we were cold. The thermometer said it had dropped to around 30F!

Well, I have some pictures here of different Christmas gifts we made for each other. We draw names for Christmas and keep our person's name a secret...shhh! Well, it's after Christmas now so we'll show you what we were secretly making.

First up, is a gun rack that Jonathan made for Ben. Here it is unstained...

Now here it is hanging in Ben's room finished and full. =)


Daddy made these wooden cutting boards for Mom. He made a couple different styles and enjoyed making them so much he has made a bunch more.




Becky had Mike and made him this wall hanging quilt for his room. If you look closely, you can see a black dog painted on the door of the cabin.


I had Becky...=) I really love my only sister and when I pulled her name I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I had seen this saying in a magazine so I did a cross-stitch of it for her. (She loves it, too!)


Becky and I were looking at a "Precious Promise" catalog and were talking over the cute figurines they had. We found a couple that matched both Tim and Jess, and Peter and Amy. Becky decided to try painting a similar picture on pillows for them so with a little dabbing from me and wonderful skill from Becky, we made these pillows for them.

Tim and Jess...


Peter and Amy...

So, there are a few of our winter projects. My next project is some cookies for some hungry brothers...=)

5 comments:

Sarah P said...

aww those pillows are soo cute! and i love the cross stitch that you did for abby .. haha thats great! :)

Anonymous said...

You guys are so clever Abby! I love your cross stitch and everything else!!! Very creative!

The Sorta Zoo! said...

Its all soooooo cute!! nice post!Angelina

The Pollock Family said...

Wow!! Those gifts made with love are sooo nice.

Can we put in our order now, or would you prefer we wait until closer to Christmas? :)

In all seriousness, those are some NICE gifts, every one of them!!

God bless you all,
The Pollocks

Angela said...

That's a fun post, Abby. Wow, I didn't know that Becky could paint! I guess I should have guessed by how neat her hand writing is, though. (:

Angela